[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/287112108″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”450″ iframe=”true” /]
Using Traktor as my main DJ tool has meant that I can be more spontaneous with playing music. It also works well for recording on the fly, as I have come to learn. This was one of those such moments.
I was out of town, visiting with some DJ friends, and I’d been playing most of the day. In fact, I’d played for over seven hours earlier and then had taken a break. Suddenly, we got word that a friend nearby was dealing with the immediate aftermath of a broken heart and needed company. We brought that friend back to the house and after setting up a comfy place, I got back into music mode and played for an hour, hoping it would help set a tone to allow sitting with the grief. I’d all but forgotten about the recording, until today. I was instantly transported back to that night and then I knew I wanted to share this mix with all of you.
1. Helios (feat. Hollie Kenniff) – Refraction
2. Helios – For Years and Years
3. Boards of Canada – Over the Horizon (Helios Remix)
4. I Awake – Constellation of the Heart (Native edit)
5. Aes Dana – Onyx
6. Krusseldorf – Shutdown
7. Metaphorical Cloud – Gardens
8. Aiora – Peace in a Cave
9. Data Rebel – Karman
10. Field Rotation – Life as a Paper Sailboat
11. Erothyme – We Are Continuous (feat. Emma Staarbird & Amma Lightweaver)
12. Snakestyle – Late Night Improvisation