Using Traktor as my main DJ tool has meant that I can be more spontaneous with playing music. It also works well for recording on the fly, as I have come to learn. This was one of those such moments.
I was out of town, visiting with some DJ friends, and I'd been playing most of the day. In fact, I'd played for over seven hours earlier and then had taken a break. Suddenly, we got word that a friend nearby was dealing with the immediate aftermath of a broken heart and needed company. We brought that friend back to the house and after setting up a comfy place, I got back into music mode and played for an hour, hoping it would help set a tone to allow sitting with the grief. I'd all but forgotten about the recording, until today. I was instantly transported back to that night and then I knew I wanted to share this mix with all of you.
1. Helios (feat. Hollie Kenniff) - Refraction
2. Helios - For Years and Years
3. Boards of Canada - Over the Horizon (Helios Remix)
4. I Awake - Constellation of the Heart (Native edit)
5. Aes Dana - Onyx
6. Krusseldorf - Shutdown
7. Metaphorical Cloud - Gardens
8. Aiora - Peace in a Cave
9. Data Rebel - Karman
10. Field Rotation - Life as a Paper Sailboat
11. Erothyme - We Are Continuous (feat. Emma Staarbird & Amma Lightweaver)
12. Snakestyle - Late Night Improvisation